It can be stressful to deal with last-minute loose ends when you're relocating. This often involves deciding what to pack and what not to pack. The process of letting go of items you've owned for a long time can be difficult, but you'll save yourself a lot of hassle if you make your choices ahead of time. Furthermore, you can contribute to moving costs by selling unwanted items. Let Mindful Moving Services help you through your move and eliminate unwanted stress!
With a few tips for prioritization, you can minimize moving costs, reduce clutter, and make moving easier before and after arrival. If you will not be able to transport valuable heirlooms and antiques with you, now would be the ideal time to present a gift to a friend or family member.
Yard sales and garage sales are great options for selling anything that can be sold. Hold your sale over multiple days if you can. Weekends are the most popular time for families to visit, so creating a welcoming atmosphere for your home will help you attract more customers. Working within your neighborhood or homeowner's association can yield the best results.
You can also sell your items online. You can post on eBay, Facebook Marketplace, create Facebook posts for friends and family, or even set up ads on Craigslist. You can always choose to mail the items or offer in-person pickup, and good photography and detailed descriptions will make a huge difference.
If you don't want to sell the items, you can donate them. Often, coats, blankets, gently used clothing, furniture, office equipment, and kitchen appliances can find a new home. Donations of this type can benefit a family for many years, and they can even offer tax advantages.
What Not To Pack When Moving!
You can create a list based on how easy it is to replace an item, how often you use it, and how much it is worth to others to determine which items to keep. When moving, if you know you'll be throwing away items that aren't usable to others, you might consider renting a dumpster. Listed below are a few things to cut back on:
When it comes to packing clothes, it's easy to go overboard. Decide which items you wear regularly or are particularly fond of, and then donate or sell the rest. You can cut back by taking into account the season or weather in the location you're moving to.
When packing, bulky items like DVDs and books, laptops, desktop computers, and DVD players will take up a lot of space. Garage sales are a great way to get rid of these items.
When moving, you'll want to keep important documents with you, such as your marriage license, family birth certificates, and financial records. Consider scanning or storing less important papers into your computer rather than storing them.
It is highly likely that half of the items in your bathroom cabinets are out of date, unimportant, or easily replaceable. If you have expired medications, make sure you dispose of them in the safest manner possible.
5. Old furniture is frequently big and difficult to move. It can be the ideal time to get rid of some old items when you move to a new house. If your old furniture is still in useable condition, there are several philanthropic groups that could offer it a new home.
6. Garage trash Similar to your bathroom cabinet, your garage likely contains a lot of goods that you will never use. Make sure you dispose of these materials safely if they contain insecticide, fertilizer, or any other potentially harmful substances.
7. Appliances - It's probable that a new house will require you to update your old refrigerator or washer/dryer set. If this is the situation, yet you still need to dispose of your outdated appliances, If they are still usable, a nearby charity would probably be delighted to pick them up. This will also make it much easier for your mover to have you packed and prepared to depart.
8. Items for the home - Look around your house and make a list of the things you use and the things that have been collecting dust. Selling household stuff during a garage sale is a great idea
9. Bedding - You likely have some outdated blankets and mattresses that need be replaced. Not only will the new bedding be more comfortable, but the moving truck will also have a lot more space.
Get in Touch to Find Out More!
Contact Mindful Moving Services if you have any inquiries about how to streamline your relocation. We have over 10 years of experience helping families relocate their memories, from moving checklists to packing supplies. We are delighted to answer any questions you may have about relocating and will even give you a free Quote if you reach out to us online or by phone at 772-249-9820!